Getting new credit cards and loans can help you build your credit score quickly, but in the long term, it could hurt your credit score if you are not careful. Just like any other company, there are some simple options available to help you boost your credit score in a way that won’t hurt it down the road. You just need to know what they are and how to make them work for you. Later in this article, we’ll take a look at some Simple Credit Repair Companies Options to help boost your score.
Steps to take before applying for credit
When you’re looking to repair your credit, there are a few key steps you should take before applying for new credit. These steps will help boost your score and improve your chances of getting approved.
- Check with the three major credit bureaus to make sure that they have all your information correct (you can do this by ordering free copies of your reports from each bureau).
- If you have paid off collections or charged-off accounts that aren’t accurate, dispute them. You can also ask the bureau if they will remove them from your report if you pay the debt in full.
Things you should know before hiring a credit repair company
- Check for legitimacy by looking for simple credit repair companies options that is a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates or the Better Business Bureau.
- Get everything in writing before you sign any contracts.
- Avoid companies that guarantee they can remove all negative information from your credit report.
- Be wary of companies that want you to create a new credit identity by using an Employer Identification Number instead of your Social Security number.